Tuesday 27 September 2011

What's it all about then?

So, why have I started this blog? The most obvious answer, of course, is "why not?"

That aside, I spend a fair amount of time in second hand record shops, and I'm constantly seeing albums that I want to write about. A fair proportion of these albums are British records made in the 1990s, the decade in which I truly fell in love with music. Despite being a pre-teen during those years, I loved Britpop as much as other pop music, and in hindsight, it seems remarkable that Britpop bands could invade the charts the way they did then.

So, in this blog, I will ONLY be writing about records I buy in second-hand shops (no articles on Different Class or Dog Man Star, I'm afraid). I'll write about the record, the context and - if applicable - any personal relationship I have with the music.

I can only write about records as I find them but I'm always open to suggestions, so if there's something you'd like to see included, let me know and I'll do what I can to track it down.

Oh, and if you're wondering where the title comes from, click here.

No comments: